What is CSRD?
The Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive is an EU directive defining how to report the environmental, social and governance performance for companies. As of 21 June 2022, the companies covered by the regulation are:
- For listed companies already subject to the Non-Financial Reporting Directive, CSRD will apply from the financial year beginning on or after 1 January 2024, i.e. reports issued from 2025 will have to comply with CSRD.
- For other large enterprises* not currently covered by the Non-Financial Reporting Directive, CSRD will apply from the financial year starting on or after 1 January 2025. This means that reports issued from 2026 onwards will have to follow CSRD
- Listed SMEs, small and non-complex credit institutions and captive insurance companies will be included from the financial year beginning 1 January 2026 and thus apply to reports issued from 2027.
*According to CSRD, a large enterprise is one that exceeds 2/3 of the following criteria:
1) A balance sheet total of €20 million (DKK 149 million)
2) Net turnover of €40 million (DKK 298 million)
3) Average number of employees >250.
We help you get started with reporting efficiently
ESG reporting that complies with CSRD can seem overwhelming. With a focused approach, we help you improve your knowledge and identify relevant reporting areas for your company through a double materiality analysis.
A typical process includes:
- An introduction to CSRD
- A workshop to get insight on your business model and value chain
- A workshop where we discuss and identify the reporting points that are essential to your business and on which you will be required to report
- Preparation of documentation for later use in your first report
By staying ahead of the curve, you can set up and implement effective processes to minimise the costs associated with the new reporting requirements
Good business management
By understanding and creating an accurate picture of the scope of the reporting requirements for your particular company, it allows you to make a good cost-conscious plan for implementation
Get off to a good start
New times bring change. Change takes time. With our service, your company have the opportunity to get off to a good start, minimizing frustrations and implementation challenges.